Leverage, the sponsorship company, was formed in 1979 under the name Ian Howard and Associates. Since that time its evolution has been:
- Ian Howard and Associates 1979 to 1989.
- 1989 - Sold the client list to API a UK based company. Ian Howard was appointed a Director and shareholder of API, responsible for Canada and Asia. Ian Howard and Associates continued to exist as the provision of Ian Howard's services to API is under a contract with IHA.
- 1998 - API sold to Advantage. Ian Howard took on the responsibility of representing Advantage on the Commonwealth Games account on an international basis.
- 1999 - Ian Howard and Associates reconstituted as Leverage.
- Leverage maintains a head office in Vancouver and an affiliated office in Toronto. We have worked with Advantage International on several projects. Advantage is the world's largest sponsorship agency with offices in twenty-four cities around the World. We continue to work with our API colleagues on international projects.